And So It Began

By afparungao - Monday, September 15, 2014

Let me just say that I don't like missing anything, especially if I know my closest friends are talking about it. Like this movie, Begin Again, for example. Not sure why I didn't watch it here in Malaysia. Anyway, was it shown here?

Begin Again" เส้นทางของดวงดาว - Pantip

Okay, like TFiOS, I have only seen it this weekend. Out of curiosity, I searched for a copy online, in the hopes of finally watching it. And I did. And you know what, good thing a. I woke up early to have so much time and b. I have so much time to download it and I remembered I wanted to watch it.

It starred Mark Ruffalo, Kiera Knightley, and Adam Levine (in a role not too far from his American Horror Story acting debut (?), as a dick~). The movie is feel-good, musical rom-com/ drama. Something perfect to watch when you're alone and needs some cheering up. Well, it was not really a cheery movie - because it started with heartbreak, job loss, misery, whatnot and it built up its story in the middle and eventually to their own ever afters... And there was singing. A lot of singing. 

Good thing the songs were not pop-ish. Not that I hate pop, but you know that would be cheesy. Except for one song with a remix, everything else was fine. I am actually playing the songs kind of~ over and over this weekend. But Spotify ruins the moment playing random pop songs in between the real songs. GAIS SERIOUSLY, I like pop song, but don't you hate it when Spotify decides to be an ass, all sappy then BOOM KEISHA. Anyway, I also liked that the last part of the movie does not seem to have closure. That all characters (except probably Mark Ruffalo's) had open-ended endings (oops, spoiler?). 

I now see the fuss about the movie. It's typical, scaled to a grander proportion, yes. A guy broke a girl's heart. She got even and that makes it quite relatable. The heartache, the losses, the gains, the feeling of just being free. Also, don't you just want to be around the city, singing like you don't care. I would do that. Please give me a band. 


PS. Oh My God, Kiera Knightley's character's fashion style is ZOMG. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments