My Thoughts on the Proposed AB Uniform

By afparungao - Monday, February 14, 2011

So this morning, some of my twitter friends (namely @_celestial, @TheDeniseFoz, and @thecatisabrat) started talking about the new AB uniform. When you're from AB, it's natural (or some acquired characteristic) that you are usi

@_celestial started describing the new uniform:

Because the Lebron BG is kewl.
I'm not a fashion guru, but the color combination screams, Ho-hum. I don't know why they have to put black in random places when Arts and Letters is already known for Navy Blue (?) colour. So I asked @TheDeniseFoz to show me the picture. And she tagged me in a Facebook photo that looks similar to this:


Personally, as an alumna of the Faculty, I think it's hideous. I don't know what they thought when they designed this uniform. You see, I'm not particularly a fan of our current uniform

Miss you guys. :-(
We have an A-line skirt-blouse combo that screams Elementary/Highschool student all over. I heard stories of other ArtLets who were not allowed to go inside a mall because they look like minors (guys, first What are you doing in the mall? Second, Isn't that a complement, they think you still look young? KIDDING). But aside from that, our uniform is one of the most comfortable uniforms I've ever seen in UST. It allowed us to move around, sit anywhere, get stained (period or not period, but still icky) and not get noticed, and run with ease. I don't get why some AB girls would rather have their skirts in pencil cut when it's so fucken hard to move in those skimpy skirts. AB girls, (guys let's be honest) are not particularly demure, unlike the ITHM girls, most of us are galawgaw. There might be a handful of them who aren't, but most of us run in the corridors and sit anywhere like mad. 

Our uniforms were designed for a purpose. Just look at the evolution (taken from Sir Ipe's Facebook):



Weren't you just glad it's less stiff and flowy today? Tas gusto nyo ulit masikip? Labo.

The proposed AB uniform is far cry from the traditional design. I don't exactly know why they want to change it so bad. Okay, our uniform isn't that bad. I can name other colleges that have bad uniforms, maybe AB is just one of those, but guys this proposed uniform is ridiculous. As @jamietalon (who I believe has a very good taste) said, it's hilarious. 

I don't get why they need to put vests. Seriously, VESTS? Why is there a sudden obsession with vests? In Philippines where it's sunny everyday? That's funny. Although I heard AB has new aircon units in classrooms, it's still fracken hot outside. Plus the colours black and navy blue spells: M-A-I-N-I-T. The only time it gets cold in UST is during November to February. The uniform looks like a rip-off of every college, okay just CTHM, San Beda and probably Commerce. But guys, really? I know a lot of people who are not particularly fond of their uniform, although they go to those colleges. 

I know people in Arts and Letters are intelligent and creative enough to come up with something better. We always have AB shirt design contest, why not have a propose an AB uniform uniform design contest? If you really want to change the uniform (and if it's really necessary) otherwise, forget the change. I read one answer from a forum who I think makes sense. "Wala sa uniform yan, nasa utak yan." Exactly.

Champion naman tayo sa Pautakan maski ganito ang uniporme natin 'di ba? :-)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments