Day Six- Five Fictional Characters You Can Identify With

By afparungao - Tuesday, December 07, 2010

I guess this one is rather predictable if you know me in real life because I talk about these characters and how my life seems to mirror them in reality. Okay, not all the time, but most of the time. Maybe I just thought so? Anyway.


(Excuse my inability to count properly. I skipped what's really meant for today)


1. Carrie Bradshaw of Sex and the City- Oh yes. I believe most of the SATC addicts can identify most with Carrie. She's the mix of the three girls in the series, don't you think? She can be romantic, aggressive, and headstrong at the same time. Like Carrie, I think I ponder things a lot, usually most of the time. If only we can have her Manolos and Jimmy Choos, raid her closet, be in her apartment, and drink Cosmopolitan with her and the rest of the gals.  Like Carrie, I want my own Mr. Big (dumidumdumdum) and like Carrie, I've had horrible relationships that can pretty much match each of her ex-boys. I was planning on writing something about that, but I guess it's not YET the best time. 


2. Liz Lemon of 30 Rock- This girl and I, we're like twins. Although I wish my life won't be as hell as hers, most of the things she does are almost the same with what I do. We're both awkward too, disastrous even so you can just imagine us being together is probably like hell on earth, or we can both go to coma because we're both clumsy like that. Liz Lemon is tactless. Not her best characteristic, but it makes her charming. She also echoes what I want my future partner to be. 

I want someone who will be monogamous and nice to his mother. And I want someone who likes musicals, but knows to just shut his mouth when I’m watching 'Lost.' And I want someone who thinks being really into cars is lame, and strip clubs are gross. I want someone who will actually empty the dishwasher instead of just taking out forks as needed - like I do. I want someone with clean hands and feet and beefy forearms, like a damned Disney prince. And I want him to genuinely like me. Even when I’m old. And that’s what I want. -Liz Lemon

3. Charlie of Perks of Being a Wallflower- I'm really not a fan of Young Adult lit, but this book got me. Reading Perks of Being a Wallflower is like going through my mind say a few months back. Specifically during March/April this year when I pondered a lot about the people around me. I may not have any problems (or thought about) suicide, abuse, or much about sexuality, but Charlie's thoughts came through me. His were honest musings about life. Maybe the thing about Charlie that I can identify most is he's always thinking about a lot of things- sometimes clouded, often clear. 
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be. - Charlie
4. Laida Magtalas of A Very Special Love and You Changed my Life- The noble editorial assistant-girlfriend of Miggy Montenegro. Who could forget these movies? I couldn't because I cried when I watched them. Heh. It's funny how we both pine for that person who everyone thinks is hard to love. Someways, we could be that person who loves someone so much we sometimes forget about ourselves. (That's us, Laida, that's us)

We also want that, John Lloyd. 
Mahirap? Yan mahirap? Subukan mo kayang magmahal sa isang katulad mo nang malaman mo kung ano ang mahirap? -Laida Magtalas
5. Esther Greenwood of The Bell Jar- This book is said to be a semi-autbiography of Sylvia Plath, one of my favourite authors. I got my copy of The Bell Jar from a friend who owned it since forever. It took me a really long time to find one and luckily, I was given my own copy (an old edition at that). It became one of my go-to books. There was a time when I was depressed, that I read it religiously. Some of my friends thought it was bad that me being on a rot, was reading something like that. But it gave me relief. Esther Greenwood thought she knew what she wanted, then she became lost. There were a lot of things that happened to her character- from entering a mental institutuion to attempted suicide, to her thoughts on being a woman. This book has been very significant for me, especially now that I'm in the "real world." There were a lot of things we're (eerily) alike, most of them I marked in my copy. 
I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am. -Esther Greenwood   

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments