Countdown to Cebu

By afparungao - Sunday, November 07, 2010

I expect that in the next two months or so, my trips to bookstores will no longer be as frequent compared to the last few months. I also expect that my weekends will be spent more and more at home (except probably if I were to be asked to go out for work or if I won't spend anything more than P100) and all the unnecessary fast food trips will disappear in few weeks. Since I have monthly dues to pay now, as much as possible I want to save up all the money I can get for my travels, at least for the last few months before January. 

Yesterday, Lian, Cha, Mon, and I met to finally fix our itinerary and our supposed last hang out before we all hibernate and not see each other 'til January. Being the plan-freak and super excited to travel, I already drafted our itinerary complete with colour-coded markers according to dates and budget. I remember Dave telling me I plan way ahead of time. I don't know. I just think that the earlier things are planned, the lesser the possibility of getting unexpected problems along the way. I just like seeing things straighten out to avoid hassle and of course to budget our money.

If I compute all my earnings, minus the things I have to pay monthly, I can already have my budget if I save up a month's worth of salary. But knowing me, it's hard not to think about food and good book. But I will try my best to resist the temptation. 

It's also kind of sad that the trip will only last for a weekend and we're trying to fit all the things we want to do and places we want to see in almost two days (we leave Cebu Sunday morning so there's no hope of going around then). But hopefully, the next time we go somewhere (like Cagayan de Oro or Davao hopefully next year also) we can already allot a week for R and R. 

Excitement is actually an understatement. I can't help but count days and I wake up everyday thinking a new day means the nearer we get to January. I'm even more excited for this than Christmas (because I don't really look forward to Christmas--- don't judge. I just don't). But before the year ends, I think I have two more places to go to that require long bus rides or plane rides. That I will reveal when they're already approved!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments