Head over Heels

By afparungao - Sunday, August 01, 2010

Rachel Zoe said, everybody looks better in a seven-inch heels.
I couldn't agree more.

It was in the premiere episode of The Rachel Zoe Project season Two where the stylist to the superstars mentioned this statement when they were looking for appropriate pair of shoes for Cameron Diaz for her "altered" Chanel gown for 2009 Golden Globes. She looked stunning with the pink taffeta Chanel Haute Couture dress which Zoe had the sleeves removed. As her assistant, Brad Goreski said, the alteration will totally jeopardise her relationship with Karl Lagerfeld if the dress won't look good. But it did, so everybody happy.

However, I will stop talking about the dress and how amazing Rachel Zoe is and tell you  my budding love affair with heels. Like what she said, everybody looks better in heights. Legs look longer, slimmer and undeniably sexier even in three- inch heels. I know. It kind of sound really foolish to hoard a lot of heels. It's too painful to wear and can cause varicose veins. But if you'll have to sacrifice for fashion, I say do it with style. And this is where high heels come to the picture.

Ever since I was told to get high heels for events, I can't help but look around for chic, but affordable pairs. With the money I am making, I know it will be too long for me to get a pair of Louboutins (my favourite shoe designer) and knowing me, I wouldn't settle for knock offs. I saw some pairs that I really liked and the good part is that most of them are within my P1500 budget. Here are my picks. I hope I get to buy them whenever I have paycheck. 

Ofcourse, the new books on the side.
And also black dresses

Quintessential black pumps
This pair is from Trunkshow. It's one of those the first time and fell in love with instantly. Although I have mentioned to a friend before that I would die wearing platforms, this pair is just too lovely. I wouldn't mind being in it. I'm not sure though if it's still available. I went to their site and saw it in sale folder and it only has size five as of the last posting. 

classic with a twist

This is gorgeous, isn't? Black pumps just got edgier with this black heels from Renegade Folk. Usually, pairs from this brand costs a lot (okay, because I'm a cheapskate, P2000 for a pair of shoes is expensive for me), but this one, it's just P1500. I probably wouldn't mind shelling out some of my G's on this baby. 

Simply Pretty
Patent black pumps always add a touch of glamour, don't you think? This pair from Sinta is just too beautiful to pass up. The heels, if I look at it right, are not too high like the previous pairs, but it still has the oomph it needs. 

Patchwork Cutie
Okay, this pair isn't necessarily black, but I love it! The snake skin (faux I guess) works perfectly and it's too darn sexy. This one comes from Sinta shoes too and if you're not too bold enough to sport this pair in black and white combination, it comes in black.


 Lastly, another rule breaker coming in a tan (or mustard?) colour.

No open toe, but...
The site calls this pair, "I Fall into Pieces" and who could blame them? Seriously, If I have enough dough, I'll buy this just for kicks. I was always told to wear close heels so I don't think I can wear this on events so I'll just buy it if I have somewhere to wear it to or I am too rich to buy all the shoes I want.

These are just some of those that are within my budget. If I get a lot richer, I'd still go for Louboutins because I believe a girl must at least have a pair of those. Okay, just me. But these local shoe designers are equally creative as well. Looking forward to my next shoe shopping!


---


Thanks to StyleBible. For more good fashion finds, hover and click to their Mall Links

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments