A New Day

By afparungao - Sunday, July 19, 2009

I guess the confusion and crankiness of last week's post was due to the hormonal changes caused by the monthly period. So, here I am, starting a new week, hoping to get a positive vibe by listening to one of my favourite songs right now, No Doubt's Underneath it all

Grammy Award winning ska/ punk/ rock group No Doubt singing Underneath it All at Worcester, MA
I guess this week will be happier. As the saying goes, after the storm comes the rainbow and here it Manila, it applies literally. It's been almost three days of non- stop rain and it helped that our classes were suspended last Friday, enough for me to rest and catch Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince at SM the Block. (By the way, if you have not seen it, go check it out. I can't say it's the best, but like what I told a friend, it's enough to make us excited with the remaining installment, which comes in two parts- one in 2010 and another in 2011). I am happy I was able to watch the movie early, that Kuya and I had to brave the stormy Friday night just so we can catch it. I bet if I declined (which I first did, but I joined him after much persuasion) I might not be able to catch it anymore, hehe. Actually, last Friday, I was torn between three invitations, one from my bestfriend Lian, inviting me to watch PBA (the FINAL of the final games, btw, San Miguel won! woohoo! It's bad that if I joined them, I'm the only one celebrating haha) and the other one's from Dave, (which I have absolutely no idea that he replied pala. I saw him went offline na lang. Sorry, Dave!)

And yeah, that was my weekend so far!

So next week, I'm so back to working. Recruitments for The Journalese, paper works, thesis, etc. On Friday, I'll be watching Taken by Cars at UST and I am really excited for that. I'm looking forward to being busy again. There's just a lot of things waiting for me, and I can't wait to meet all of them!

P.S.
I'm squeezing Cinemalaya somewhere in my sched there too! Wanna come?

---

If you're a UST Journalism Student, well, we need you!

The Journalese, the official publication of the UST Journalism Students is looking for new staff this AY 2009- 2010. Available slots for:
  • News Writers
  • Feature Writers
  • Sports Writers
  • Literary Editor*
  • Literary Writers*
  • Lay- out Artists*
  • Photographers*
Interested applicants and for any other queries, you may contact: Andrewly Agaton (EIC) at +63917- 4383305 or Angelique Parungao (Assoc. Ed.) at +63916- 6446860.

Qualifying exams will be announced soon.
* required to present sample works

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments