Something to do with your Load

By afparungao - Sunday, June 07, 2009

I've always wanted to commit myself to various social causes, but haven't found the time to help out. I know, if you really want to help out, you should always find time to do anything for it. But believe me, I've tried.

Earlier this year, ABS- CBN Foundation launched a new project called, Kapit Bisig Para sa Ilog Pasig. Watching how the foundation planned to restore the old glory of Pasig, I was impressed with their plans that I promised myself to help in whatever means that I can because I wanted to see Pasig in its cleanest state. You see, I've experienced going around Pasig through the ferries (which extends from Manila all the way to Pasig). I see it as a very effective means of transportation and a lot of people will benefit from it. Aside from that, I would want to experience how it is to have a clean river in a city, like the ones they have abroad. Also, I think we should start saving our environment now. There is no other better time to clean and save Earth than now and what better way to start it is to help clean what is nearer and what is already with us, by that, we should start with cleaning the metro.

Pasig River Rehabilitation Project by Urban Planner, Jun Palafox (from Ilog Mo, Ipatrol Mo)
I am very happy that the foundation made the donations more accessible to people like me who might not be able to donate as much, but are more than willing to help. With texting, we have the option to make it a point to text as much as we want every day and make it a habit to send donations in the easiest way.

So instead of sending useless quotes or texting whatever, I suggest you use some of your credits to help save Ilog Pasig. Please text:
GIVE [space] ILOG to 231 for Smart and Talk n Text subscribers, and to 2366 for Globe and Sun Cellular Subscribers
If you have more than enough money, they are also accepting donations: “Kapit Bisig Para sa Ilog Pasig” Banco de Oro Account Number 393-0078222. Sct. Albano Branch.

Let's all make this cause a success. Let's all make this dream a reality.

---
for more information, visit their site

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments