Oh Boy!

By afparungao - Friday, June 26, 2009

This boy and I would always, always have the easiest conversations ever since. I don't know why I am so at ease with him. Maybe because he's the only boy I've shared a really long friendship with (I was Grade one, he was Grade five when we became friends, or something like that). I've grown to be so comfortable with him that I can almost tell him everything.

I remember, it was in an English program we were both in. He was the only boy in this enrichment class and I was, well, a grade one. I knew I always wanted to talk to him, but the shy little me made talkative (so now) me disappointed. He remembered that I used to smile to him, even though I don't really smile (because I am not the smiley kid type) It was I think not until I was grade five (with the huge influx of texting) that I finally mustered up my courage to talk to him. And boy, he speaks good English. I think he's one of the reasons why I've always wanted English. He was a good motivation because with the love of language comes love with writing. Thus, I end up as a Journ. Hehe.

Unconsciously, he became the forerunner for what I now call the ideal "Who." He is smart and funny (although he says he's corny). It's a plus that I think he's cute and that he's not waaay taller or bigger than me. He smokes, which I find sexy (this is not even good there) and he's just unperfectly perfect.

I don't know, but I wanted to keep this "feeling" (if you would want to call it that way) a secret to him still. I fear that if ever I tell him, it might cause a dent in our friendship. More than anything, I don't want to lose a friend like him and I don't think I am ready to sacrifice what we have just for this like. He's one of those I can really talk to about everything and I am afraid that if I take a step further, we might be like what we are now.

Probably I'll just enjoy this first. Let's see where the time will take us. Wherever it is, I am already excited, together or not. :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments