Dinner at Conti's

By afparungao - Friday, June 12, 2009

I love spontaneous dinner dates. It gives me freedom to try out new dishes and add more food in my favourite food list. I think I won't just be adding a new favourite meal, but an entire restaurant!


We fetched mama from the beautiful NAIA terminal 3 yesterday. The four of us were really hungry and it was still 5pm. Papa asked us where we want to go since we won't be going back to his office anymore. He suggested MOA, but we made a wrong turn and instead went straight to the way going to Fort Bonifacio. With all of the time in the world for anything fun, we decided to go to Serendra instead.

With the sun still up when we arrived, we decided to get few bites at Krispy Kreme since their light's on (you know what this means! Light on= free donuts!) And after some donuts (four of 'em free!) We decided to walk around Boni High Street and check out Market! Market! (Papa's craving for mall ambiance! haha)

With all of us really hungry and tired, we decided to go back to Serendra and have dinner at Conti's. I am not really a fan of fancy dinner with fancy table setting (fancy for me means having knives at the table) but I've always wanted to try Conti's because brother swears they have great food there. It did not take us a lot of time to get a table since we were there a bit earlier than others. We decided to eat outside, Al Fresco and ordered our meal for the night.

Mama sharing her travel stories while Kuya enjoys his bottomless Iced Tea.
Welcome Back Mama!
For starters, we ordered their Chicken Fingers. I've got to say, the best chicken fingers I've ever tasted. Not too salty. The breading is really right, not too stuffy. The chicken's really delicious, still juicy.

Yum Yum! Chicken Fingers! Almost finished here. Super delicious!
Papa got himslf the Grilled Ham sandwich saying he wasn't that hungry (because of the donuts he ate!)

Papa's Choice, a hefty serving of Grilled Ham Sandwich
Papa wasn't particularly fond of his order as he was expecting a sweeter ham, but he was full and ended up eating both the sandwiches. I took advantage of the chips at the side.

Mama got what makes Conti's famous, the Baked Salmon with Paella Rice. She was completely happy with how delicious her meal is. The Paella rice fits the baked salmon well and loved how they cooked the salmon to perfection. Really a must try!

a thumbs- up meal for Mama, Baked Salmon with Paella Rice

Kuya got his favourite, Roast Beef with Mashed Potatoes. With the servings enough for two, he finished all of it. The beef was tender and the sauce's just right. Mashed potatoes were delicious as well. And it looks really good too! (sorry, no photos. He was busy eating his meal!)

I ordered their Chicken Pastel. I've always been a fan of chicken meals (although I am allergic to it) and Chicken Pastel's one of my favourite chicken dishes. I've got to say, Conti's version is now my favourite version. First the sauce, really delicious! I almost finished it. Though I am not a fan of mushrooms, I still ended up eating them because of the sauce. The chicken were quite small, but I love it. It gels well with the delicious sauce. I think the Chicken Pastel will not be a bomb if not for the fantastic sauce. I've found my new favourite dish! :) The meal is served with the equally delicious Garlic rice. I was thinking of getting a Paella rice also, but I changed the last minute.

all mine! Conti's Chicken Pastel with Garlic rice is a must try!
With really filled up stomachs, we hardly have enough space for deserts so we opted not to have one instead. (too bad! Conti's so popular with deserts!) but with so much satisfaction, we promise to go back and try more dishes at Conti's. It has now become one of our favourite restos. Good thing they have a branch in Connecticut, Greenhills. We won't have to travel all the way to BGC to sample more of their fantastic meals.

---
visit Conti's at any of the following locations:

ParaƱaque: 61 President Ave., BF Homes Commercial Center, ParaƱaque
Phone Number: (63 2) 850-5852, (63 2) 807-3388

Greenhills: 53 Connecticut St., Greenhills, San Juan
Phone Number: (63 2) 744-4184, (63 2) 744-4208

Serendra: 1C-17 Ground Level, Serendra Piazza, Mc Kinley Parkway, Fort Bonifacio
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila
Phone Number: (63 2) 856-2352 to 53, (63 922) 847-3005

TriNoma Mall: P1 Level TriNoma Mall EDSA cor. North Ave.,
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Phone Number: (63 2) 900-5013 to 15, (63 2) 943-1665;

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments